Update: AOH Prevention and Preparation
Over the past several days, there have been new reported cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19/CVD-19) in Westchester County. At this time, the State Department of Health is self-quarantining all people who have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
We cannot predict the extent, severity or the duration of this outbreak. For this reason, we have taken many proactive steps to help prevent and prepare for the potential of more COVID-19 (CVD-19) cases in the greater community. The safety and well-being of our residents, patients, staff and visitors is our top priority.
Highlights of certain steps we have taken (and continue to take)/ by category:
1. Expert Guidance and Updates:
We are actively monitoring direct communications from the CDC, CMS, NY Department of Health and the World Health Organization, among others- in addition to participating in regular CVD-19 update calls/webinars with public health agencies.
* www.AOHnotify.com was established to provide timely updates, notices and alerts with a subscription/notification feature
*letters were mailed to responsible parties regarding our response to CVD-19
*information for visitors and staff is posted with timely updates and notices in the lobby and other areas
* While there is a major shortage of certain medical and cleaning supplies- we were able to to proactively increase our inventories of critical supplies (thanks to the persistence and determination of our exceptional staff)
* New hand sanitizer dispensers have been added to many areas of the building (walls and stands)
* We have and continue to actively implement protocols and processes such as increased preventive cleaning, staff education, clinical and continuity of operations preparation
*A CVD-19 task force was established to enhance and expand departmental coordination for implementation of CVD-19 infection prevention and response protocols
We will continue to post updates, notices and alerts as needed/necessary